Suhadi Sadono in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.
|Known aliases||Our Sad|
|Born||December 23, 1972|
|Occupation||Indonesian Guerilla Leader of the Darah Dan Doa|
|Affiliations||Darah Dan Doa|
|Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series information|
|Appearances||Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow|
|Voice actor(s)||David Kaye|
- "He has a child's idea of war. Doesn't know the difference between a civilian and a soldier. He thinks everyone is a legitimate target."
- ― Ingrid Karlthson's brief description of Sadono's personality.
Early life Edit
Sadono began fighting for an Indonesian "terrorist" street gang when he was 15 years old. He worked his way quickly up the ranks and became the leader of Darah Dan Doa (the new name for the street gang), which had many activities backed by the CIA. He was trained by the CIA to help fight Communist influences in the region, but felt betrayed when the Americans stopped backing Indonesia and put their support behind East Timor instead, even establishing permanent military bases in East Timor to widen their influence over the region. Resentful of the American interference in his country's autonomy, Sadono eventually decides to declare war on America.
2006: Indonesian Crisis EditResentment towards America came to a head when Sadono decided it's time to make a move. However, simply fighting the U.S. in a normal insurgency would have been suicide as he would be targeted and killed. To prevent this from happening, he creates his 'insurance policy'. This involved getting Norman Soth to procure a modified strain of smallpox virus from syrians, as well as the ND133 containers to transport it. The ND133 were then scattered across the U.S., guarded by mercenaries from the PMC ARmed GUardian Services (ARGUS). The virus was briefly released into the city of Springfield, Texas, in the 'Springfield Demonstration'. It is then revealed to the American government that Sadono calls each of the ND133 caretakers on an encrypted phone with the code word "Pandora Tomorrow' everyday. If Sadono is captured, killed or fails to make the call, the virus is released within 24 hours. Because of this Sadono becomes virtually untouchable. He participates in front line battles while the American military is powerless to stop him, which elevates his reputation to a legendary, invincible figure, lifting popular support for him and Darah Dan Doa.
After Third Echelon Splinter Cell Sam Fisher infiltrated the submarine in Komodo, Indonesia, the Third Echelon identified location of the last five ND133 devices. Shadownet agents were dispatched to storm the locations containing ND133, overpower the ARGUS mercs, and disable the smallpox boxes, effectively canceling Sadono's insurance policy. Sam Fisher then abducted Suhadi Sadono at a television station located in Jakarta, Indonesia. After capturing him, Sam handed him over to the U.S. in order to face trial.
- If the player is not careful in the final showdown with Sadono, one shot from Sadono's gun will always kill Sam Fisher, regardless of how much health he has remaining. (only in Pandora Tomorrow and not in Essentials)
- Before the Jakarta mission, being detected by him at any point of the game will cause a game over; this also applies to shooting/grabbing him.
- According to emails, Sadono has a 'secretary' due to the fact that "[Sadono] types like a trained chicken."
- The in-story presence of T-shirts and other articles of clothing featuring Sadono's face is a direct reference to the real life "Che chic" fashion trend featuring Marxist revolutionary Che Guevara.