Were you looking for the RSS Rublev, the setting this level takes place?
|Prev||JBA HQ - 1|
|Game||Splinter Cell: Double Agent|
|Location||Sea of Okhotsk, Russia|
|Date||05 February 2008 / 05:18 to 05:39... Okhotsk Time|
|Depicts||Red Mercury Crisis|
|Objective||Capture the supertanker.|
Sea of Okhotsk is the fourth solo campaign level in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Undercover NSA agent Sam Fisher is sent by JBA leader Emile Dufraisne to Sea of Okhotsk in eastern Russia to capture the RSS Rublev.
Mission Information Edit
Primary Objectives Edit
Secondary Objectives Edit
Mission Overview Edit
Sam Fisher stood outside the door of the plane that flew him to the infiltration point, after a few seconds he pushed his equipment crate out of the plane. Fisher then jumped out the side, skydiving towards the insertion area. As he pulls his chute, it fails and he then pulls his emergency chute and safely flows down and lands. Once he lands, Enrica Villablanca chimes in on his communications device and notifies him that he'll have to find his equipment, which should have landed nearby, and recover it. Fisher travels through the clearing where he gets his equipment organized before jumping to the water below. Fisher swims through the water until he eventually gets to a camp controlled by mercenaries. Fisher sabotages the generators and detonates the planted charges throughout the camp, he is then able to continue towards the supertanker.
Upon reaching the RSS Rublev, Carson Moss orders Fisher to take out the whole crew so that Massoud Ibn Yussif's men can take over the ship. Fisher makes his way through the stern and begins neutralizing the soldiers patrolling across the deck. Soon, Enrica orders Fisher to disable the antenna's communications to stop outgoing transmissions from ever being sent out. He continues to the upper tower sections of the ship and contacts Third Echelon Director Irving Lambert before disabling the communications. After the short conversation with his boss, Fisher infiltrates the ventilation room and places a Fentanyl Grenade inside the ship's ventilation system, releasing knock out gas to incapacitate the crew in the interior of the shi.
With the command crew disabled, Fisher heads to the command bridge where the captain of the RSS Rublev is located. Moss contacts Fisher again across the communication radio and orders Fisher to kill the captain. Fisher continued inside the ship and into the bow and then into the boiler room, taking out the remaining crew members along the way. Moss finds out that the captain of the RSS Rublev intends to sink the ship and orders Fisher to kill the captain immediately. The captain lit a flare and intended to sink the ship, he patrolled the catwalks above the fuel tank and would drop the flare if he saw Fisher. Fisher, using stealth, was able to sneak behind the captain and grabbed the captain, neutralizing the threat. After taking out the captain, Fisher returned to the helipad and was extracted from the ship by a JBA helicopter. Emile Dufraisne, impressed with Fisher's work, immediately had Fisher come with him to Shanghai for the next mission.
- The JBA helicopter that extracts Sam Fisher at the end of the mission is a Russian Mil Mi-8.
- When Carson Moss commands Sam Fisher to provide a 'body count', killing is not necessary. Knocking out the crew members, instead of killing them, counts towards the objective.
- In fact, killing on Hard difficulty can have a severe impact to the outcome of the mission, the player will get about -200 to -300% of mission rating.
- During the HALO jump, Sam can open the chute at about 3000 feet. However, its scripted that the main chute will fail, Sam has to use the secondary chute before too late.
- The player has to open the chute before the height reach 1000 feet.
- Some of the guards in this level carry the AK-101, while others carry AKM.
- Words "ОТСУТСТВИЕ КУРИТЬ" ("LACK OF SMOKING") are written on the wheelhouse of the tanker.