This article is about references to Sam Fisher in popular culture.
- Fisher is mentioned in the "Snake vs. Monkey" minigame mode of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater in which the main character of the mini-game Naked Snake/Big Boss is talking to Colonel Campbell about the possibility of getting someone else such as "Sam" or "Gabe" to do the work. "Sam" is a reference to Sam Fisher while "Gabe" refers to Gabe Logan, protagonist of the Syphon Filter series.
- Sam is parodied in one of the Trailers for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, at first it appears to be him although it is revealed to be Naked Snake/Big Boss wearing a pair of night vision goggles similar to Sam's trifocal multi-vision goggles.
- Big Boss's arrival in the teaser for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (then titled simply as Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes) mirrors that of Fisher's, down to the night vision goggles.
- In Metal Gear Solid : Peace Walker, the male POW's facial features bear a resemblance to Fisher.
Tom Clancy's Rainbow SixEdit
- In Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas, there is a Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory arcade machine in Dante's Casino that has Sam on it.
- In Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, there is an Achievement/Trophy named "My Name is Sam" for which the player must get five headshot kills in a row while using a silenced weapon. The achievement photo shows the iconic trifocal goggles.
- In Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, there is a Splinter Cell skin for the GIGN weapon P90 that features the Multi-Vision Goggles. This is acquired by playing Splinter Cell Blacklist and purchasing the skin on the Uplay store.
Watch Dogs Edit
- In Watch Dogs, Sam appears on the cover of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent inside a pawn shop. Other games that were made by Ubisoft also appear such as Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon.
The Division Edit
- In The Division beta, the Multi-Vision Goggles, showcasing the glowing Trifocal symbol, can be found laying on a desk.
- There is a purchasable version of the Multi-Vision Goggles and Sam's classic black combat suit on the Uplay store.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 Edit
- There is an Achievement/Trophy named "Fisher King" given for killing 25 enemies using thermal or night vision goggles. The icon displays Sam Fisher's iconic trifocal goggles.
- In the game "Vanquish", there is an achievement called "Fisher is the other Sam" which can be attained by proceeding on the monorail in Act 3-4 without being spotted by the enemy troops or searchlights.
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 Edit
- In Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, there is an outfit that represents the initial suit used by Sam fisher, complete with night vision goggles.
- Parrarely, In splinter Cell Conviction, by the first coridoor in the White House, there is a Raving Rabbid figurine.
- There is a mini-game called Spitter Sells where Rayman and the Raving Rabbids spit on unaware customer's drink.
League of Legends Edit
- In League of legends there is the Champion Master Yi, the Wuju bladesman, who wears goggles with multiple lenses which adopted from Sam Fisher's Multi-Vision Goggles with the Trifocal symbol.
- Another Champion, Teemo, the swift scout, in his Omega Squad skin, he has an idle stealth animation that resembles Fisher's Promotional Art in Chaos theory, wearing goggles and holding his knife.