Safe-Cracking is a gameplay feature in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Version 1). This feature allows the player to unlock a safe without the combination or key to the safe itself. This feature is unique in that it is only available in one of the Splinter Cell games, although 'safe-cracking' was first in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
- Alternately turn the combination dial from left to right to align the tumblers inside the safe. When the tumbler are aligned, the lock is released and the safe opens.
- To turn the dial, rotate the left analog stick in a clockwise or counterclockwise motion. This makes the dial rotate, driving the inneer wheels, first the outmost wheel, the one immediately net to it, and so on until the outer wheel starts rotating.
- When the closest wheel is at the correct position, a small light will turn on. Release the left analog sitck to set the wheel where it is, the nturn it in the opposite direction to start the rotating process again until the second closest wheel is at the correct position.
- CAUTION: If you turn the tumblers too far in the same direction the outer wheel will start rotatng again and all progress made on the lock will be reinitialized.
- Following the same process you must set all three wheels in positio. When thelast hweel is locked into position, release the left analog stick - the safe opens.