- "The staple assault rifle of Splinter Cells, the SC3000 offers strong, accurate gunfire with minimal recoil."
- ― Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
The SC3000 is Third Echelon's new assault rifle for Splinter Cells and successor to the SC-20K M.A.W.S. It appears to have a bullpup configuration, though it's magazine is internal (the silver rectangle behind triggerguard) and the layout of its action not entirely visible. It has one Picatinny rail above the receiver and another on each side above the front grip section of the stock for mounting optics (this is never seen in game), and can be equipped with a suppressor.
PerformanceEditThe SC3000 has relatively superb accuracy and range, and is most effective when fired in single-shot or short controlled bursts. It should also be noted that prolonged automatic fire with this weapon will yield unsatisfactory accuracy and control. The performance of the gun can be modified to an extent with the attachments available to it in the upgrade system, including higher damage hollow point munition and a sound suppressor, making the rifle ideal for most situations in-game, but the lack of a scope attachment leaves something to be desired when engaging targets from longer distances, but the gun still has a good effective range. The suppressor will cut down most of the sound it makes, and it's very quiet, even less noisey than SC-20K rifle.
The SC3000's overall statistics makes it a very good top-of-the-line choice for close to medium distance encounters. The weapon has two execution marks though, which is the one of the biggest drawback for stealthy players. If you need to take down a lot of oppoents quickly, use Five-seveN or M468 instead.
- The SC3000 features an under-barrel mounted flashlight instead of the multi-functional launcher of the SC-20K. While many aspects of SC3000 draws element from FN F2000 Tactical, its feeding system draws elements from Crye Precision MR-C (Modular Rifle - Caseless), including the magazine location and caseless feature.
- The flashlight is built into the weapon and the button to turn the flashlight on or off is located on the right side of its housing.
- The SC3000 used by the enemy will always have flashlight attachment and no silencer.
- The under-barrel mounted flashlight is used by non-player characters only, though Sam, Archer and Kestrel are unable to use it themselves.
- The SC3000 does not superficially in its model show an ejection breach for ejecting spent bullet casings when fired. Although gameplay and cinematic features show used cartridges exiting the weapon, this anomaly can be most easily categorized as a human error in part of the creation of the game mainly due to the SC3000 being entirely fictional and thus unable to be represented realistically in any case. In the point of identifying the most probable answer to what the weapon uses as ammunition, a more close observation of gameplay and cutscenes reveals what appears to be a 5.56 × 45 mm cartridge being ejected.
- The SC3000 seems to be out of service after the disintergration of Third Echelon, its role is replaced by SC4000, used exclusively by Fourth Echelon agents.