Patricia Caldwell in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction.
|Occupation||President of the United States|
|Rank||Commander-in-chief of the United States Armed Forces|
|Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series information|
|Appearances||Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction|
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
|Voice actor(s)||Lynne Adams|
- "Gentlemen, the Blacklist is real. Rogue intel agencies like Third Echelon are the problem here, not the solution. I want every single operation related to them grounded and gutted, now! I'm shutting Third Echelon down, effective immediately."
- ― Patricia Caldwell orders the termination of Third Echelon.
America's first female President, Patricia Caldwell was elected on a platform of bipartisan cooperation and disentanglement from pointless foreign conflicts. This has made her powerful enemies, from the corridors of power in Washington to the shadowy boardrooms of multinational corporations. Steadfast in her beliefs even when it would be easier to back down, Caldwell relies on a core team of people she can trust absolutely.
President Caldwell's belief that Third Echelon had outlived its usefulness and her refusal to cooperate with Megiddo made her a target of Third Echelon Director and Megiddo mole Tom Reed. He plotted to have her assassinated and succeeded by her Vice President, Calvin Samson, by staging a terrorist attack on Washington, D.C. with stolen Russian EMP technology and using the downtime to storm the White House with Black Arrow mercenaries, Third Echelon Splinter Cells and security forces. When Reed learned that Sam Fisher knew of the conspiracy, he adapted his plan to involve framing Sam for the assassination and then having Sam shot to death as he attempted to flee. This plot was ultimately foiled by Sam with help from Anna Grímsdóttir, who was acting as a mole inside Third Echelon for President Caldwell. Just before Reed was killed, U.S. Army soldiers retook control of the White House, rescuing the President and asking Sam to lower his weapon aimed at Reed. President Caldwell, however, told the soldiers to pretend that they didn't see anything.
2013: Blacklist AttacksEditIn the aftermath of the conspiracy, President Caldwell was re-elected and cracked down on rogue agencies such as Third Echelon, deeming them a major threat to the American people. Upon this, she swiftly disbanded Third Echelon, authorizing the establishment of Fourth Echelon under the direction of Sam Fisher.
- In the last mission of Splinter Cell: Conviction, Patricia Caldwell is referred to by the U.S. Army soldiers sent to retrieve her as 'POTUS'. *POTUS stands for "President Of The United States."
- If Sam Fisher does not stop Reed in time, he and Caldwell will be killed.
- Patricia Caldwell bears a striking resemblence to Hillary Clinton, especially in Blacklist. Whether Ubisoft Toronto intended it or not is unknown.
- ↑ Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction PC manual, pp 5