|Norte de Santander|
|Prev||Elysian Fields Cemetery|
|Game||Splinter Cell: Essentials|
|Location||Norte de Santander, Colombia|
|Date||2nd May 1992 / 16:47 Hours|
|Depicts||Operation Selva Verde|
|Objective||Sneak out of the US camp and locate the RAFC bunker, and rescue Shetland.|
Norte de Santander is the first solo campaign level in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Essentials. Acting as a flashback mission in the game, SEAL operative Sam Fisher sneaks out of the US camp and locates the RAFC (Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia) bunker to find and rescue his commanding officer, Douglas Shetland.
Sneak out of the US camp and locate the RAFC bunker.
Douglas Shetland, the commanding officer of Sam Fisher's SEAL team, has been captured by soldiers belonging to the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (RAFC) during the Selva Verde operation. A full-scale rescue operation may not reach Shetland in time. Locate Shetland on your own and free him before it's too late.
Mission Overview Edit
Since a full rescue operation may not have reached Shetland in time, Fisher decided to disobey orders and went solo to keep Shetland from spilling any information to the enemy. Captain Moore ordered him to stand down and not to leave the base, but conceded, telling Sam, if he left the base he would be on his own. Sam snuck out the base avoiding his fellow SEALs and made his way through the jungle to the village held by guerillas. He carefully made his way through a mine field, disabling a few land mines along the way. He made his way to the bunker where Shetland was being held, but was discovered, and put in a cell. Sam later recovered his gear (which was confiscated after his capture) and escaped. He eventually located and freed Lt. Shetland from his cell and escaped to friendly territory.
- In this level, Sam uses a Colt M4A1 and instead of the Multi-Vision Goggles, Sam only has access to regular night vision goggles.
- The level design is very similar to the German Bunker level in the PS2 version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
- There is a conversation between two guerrillas about a footballer Hermandez who is transferred to another team. This exact conversation is the same mentioned in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
- Sam was left with of without a knife when he was taken as prisoner (some kind of bag). After that he carries with him two knives (one found from the weapons).
- Character Juan in conversation with Falco named as Hans (mistake).