|Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series information|
|Appears in||See Appearances|
The MP7A1 is a German personal defense weapon, a variation and improved version of the MP7. The MP7A1 first appeared in 2003 and is manufactured by Heckler and Koch. In-game it falls to machine pistol category.
The MP7A1 is a machine pistol that uses HK 4.6x30mm cartridges. The MP7A1 is a variant of the MP7, the features (such as the pistol grip) were redesigned to be more compact and comfortable for the user; this makes it a widely popular machine pistol. The MP7A1 is designed as a personal defense weapon and is noted as being a rival of the Belgium FN P90.
In Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction, MP7A1 can be suppressed and is available for use by the player. It is the only machine pistol available with a silencer, and is usually the most powerful. It can be unlocked for use by going to the Main Menu, selecting "Extras" and then selecting "Exclusive Content".
Because the MP7A1 is both one-handed and suppressed, some of it's CQC (Close-Quartered-Combat) takedowns involve shooting. However, because it is not considered a pistol and does not have infinite ammunition, none is expended during the CQC takedowns. Also, because the MP7A1 is a machine pistol and not a submachine gun, it can be fired while hanging from pipes and ledges making it a good choice for those who prefer to take "the path less traveled". This, along with its large ammunition capacity, suppressor, high number of marks, automatic fire, and power, makes the MP7A1 a very practical weapon for both stealth infiltration and firefights.
|Extended Mag||300 points|
|Reflex Sight||400 points|
|Hollow point Ammunition||250 points|
The MP7A1 is the standard secondary weapon available to the player after the Blacklist Zero mission. The MP7A1 in Blacklist is weak, has a small magazine size of 20 rounds and poor accuracy, however, this can be remedied by upgrading the weapon. When fully-upgraded, the MP7A1 is a potent close range backup, and its good for Ghost-type players or players wish to upgrade the other things first. It is capable of firing in semi, full-auto and 3 round burst fire mode.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Seen only)
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- In Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Early version of MP7 machine pistols are among the arms found in the weapons crates during the Lighthouse level. In some missions, the MP7 is used by Displace personnel and ISDF assault troops as sidearms.
- In Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Version 1), the prototype version of the MP7 (known as the Heckler & Koch PDW) can be seen during the Shanghai level, the MP7A1 is also barely visible in the Armory in the high security corridor.