Were you looking for the JBA Headquarters, the setting this level takes place?
|JBA Headquarters - Part 2|
|Game||Splinter Cell: Double Agent|
|Location||JBA Headquarters, New York City, New York, United States of America|
|Date||22 February 2008 / 21:03 EST|
|Depicts||JBA Crisis / Red Mercury Plot|
JBA Headquarters - Part 2 is the sixth solo campaign level in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Undercover NSA agent Sam Fisher must sneak into JBA leader Emile Dufraisne's office and scan his Red Mercury device blueprints, Fisher must also retain his cover by assembling ten explosive mines for a future JBA mission.
Primary Objectives Edit
Secondary Objectives Edit
Mission Overview Edit
(Note: The JBA Headquarters levels in Splinter Cell: Double Agent are rather non-linear, as the player can complete objectives when they want to and in what order they want to (in the allotted time given). This means that events may not happen in the order described here.)
Sam Fisher meets Third Echelon Director Irving Lambert in the back alley behind the JBA Headquarters and exchanges equipment. After the exchange, Fisher had to slip back out of the restricted area. Fisher leaves the area and meets Enrica Villablanca, who was looking for Fisher anyway. She told him to follow her and the two stopped by the medical lab. Enrica told Fisher that the pilot (from Shanghai) didn't make it, and to take the body down to the furnace area to be disposed of. Fisher followed Enrica to the mine assembly area where she told Fisher that he needs to assemble ten mines for an upcoming operation the JBA will have in Kinshasa. Enrica then leaves, and Fisher assembles the mines as he was told. Fisher was able to record key JBA member voice samples as he'll need to bypass the voice-print locks that secure the upper restricted areas of the compound.
Fisher was able to play the audio sample at the voice-print lock and sneak into the restricted area leading towards to Emile Dufraisne's office. By slipping past the guard patrols and utilizing his covert abilities, Fisher sneaks into the office and searches it for the blueprints. Sam is able to located it, however, he hears Emile talking to Jamie Washington, however, and takes the moment to conceal himself. After the two depart, Fisher quickly gathers whatever information he needs and then heads out of the restricted area. Fisher heads back to the mining assembly machine and meets with Enrica.
- At the start of the mission, when Lambert meets with Sam, he is driving a 2007 Chrysler 300C. This was the promotion vehicle during the release of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent.
- The pilot from the previous mission in Shanghai died of a heart attack because of an overdose from his medication.
- Cole Yeager's body is down by the furnace, his corpse still looks fresh despite being dead for 20 days.
- Kinshasa is referenced, and this is a future mission that will take place in the game. The player has to make mines for the mission, as revealed by Enrica at the near start of the mission.
- Sam can get some details on his next mission by overhearing a conversation between Emile and Enrica and by reading Emile's mail in his office.
- A gaming magazine with "Splinter Cell" on the cover can be seen in Jamie and Dayton's quarters.
- After the primary objectives are finished, the player can choose to meet Enrica at her quarters instead of the mine assembly area to trigger a different ending. In the next mission, Lambert makes a reference to this scene regardless of which ending was actually chosen.
- If Sam does not dispose of the pilot's body, the ending of this mission changes. When Sam opens the door leading out of Enrica's quarters, she will not be there, and thus the ending with Sam seducing her will not happen. She will instead page Sam to report to the Mine Assembly Area when the mission time is up.
- Getting under the van that is on the outside area causes a bug that allows you to see through the van. (PS3)
- There is a bug in some PC versions of the game that prevents the player from opening a door to Emile's quarters (and thus collecting his personal profile info). It is still possible to get in by tailgating Emile as he retires to sleep. Getting out is trickier and involves leading Emile to investigate the door, then alerting Emile to Sam's presence and letting him escort Sam out. If the player wants 100% mission rating, don't even bother trying to enter, visit Emile's quarter in part 3, which is actually easier than part 2.
- Because the player can spend a lot of time in part 2, its not necessary to complete all the objectives in one go, missed files or sample can be collected in part 3 and part 4. These objectives are for story and gain NSA trust, its highly recommended that player complete JBA objectives first, as failing them will lead to JBA trust loss, potentially causing mission failure.