Were you looking for the New York City, the setting this level takes place?
|Coast Guard Boat|
|Prev||JBA HQ - Part 4|
|Next||Merchant's Street Market|
|Game||Splinter Cell: Double Agent|
|Location||Coast Guard Boat, New York Harbor, New York|
|Date||7 March 2008, 01:02 EST|
|Depicts||JBA Crisis / Red Mercury Plot|
|Objective||Kill Carson Moss and defuse the Red Mercury Bomb.|
Coast Guard Boat is the final single player level in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Sam Fisher eludes the NYPD police officers and infiltrates a Coast Guard boat commandeered by John Brown's Army member Carson Moss who attempts to detonate the last Red Mercury bomb after learning the whole operation has failed. Fisher must eliminate Carson Moss and defuse the last Red Mercury bomb device located on the boat.
Mission Information Edit
Primary Objectives Edit
- NSA: Defuse the Bomb
Mission Overview Edit
Sam Fisher arrives on the boat and clings on to the railing located on the bow of the boat, he only has about ten minutes before the bomb detonates. Carson Moss talks to his men after learning that the whole operation has failed meaning they will still detonate their device, Moss then heads back into the main navigation cabin. Fisher attempts to grab Moss but he manages to free himself from Fisher's grasp.
After a brief struggle, Fisher is able to hit Moss' head with the goggle and hit his bad knee and grabs him around the neck. Fisher twists his arm and snaps Moss' neck, dropping is body on the floor. Fisher moves over to the Red Mercury bomb device and defuses it, thus officially ending the JBA Crisis and putting an end to the Red Mercury plot. However, the boat is destroyed by the FBI ten seconds after Sam defused the Red Mercury bomb device.
- Despite his medical file stating that, "His knee has healed sufficiently to allow him average mobility, and cannot be considered a weakness." Fisher was able to knee Moss in his knee, causing him pain which was able to effectively help Fisher finish him off. (This animation is only seen if the player attempts to grab Carson Moss from behind.)
- This mission has to meet some requirements to be available; the NSA trust has to be over 33%, and two of the three major choices in game (Blow up the cruise ship, kill Hisham and shoot Lambert) has to benefit the NSA side.
- If you failed the requirements, the game finished after the credit rolls.
- The Statue of Liberty can be clearly seen if the player looks to the left of the Coast Guard boat when the mission starts.
- Sam will automatically defuse the Red Mercury bomb, there is no defuse mini-game in this mission.
- Three fighter jets will fly over the boat at the start of the mission.
- During this level, Fisher wears a SWAT uniform that he was able to acquire after knocking out a SWAT officer after leaving the JBA Headquarters in the previous mission. Despite this he has no other SWAT equipment, probably discarded by Fisher because he was on the run.
- ↑ The PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game on the final mission loading screens states that the action takes place "6 March 2008, 1:02", but in the previous mission, it was stated "On 6 March 2008, 23:34." That is, in the final of the action should take place 7 March 2008 at 01:02.